RUPERT ANNUAL 1954 - THE NEW RUPERT
Illustrated by Alfred Bestall
Published by Daily Express. 1954
Good condition. Colour pictorial laminated boards - Rupert and friends building a snowman. 1st story Rupert and the Friendly Sea-Lion. 123 pages. 10x7 inches. Not published in facsimile form as some of the content was considered politically incorrect.
Covers are warped, bumped at corners and worn to spine with loss at base (1cm) and splits at top. Large but neat inscription in ink to front pastedown. Painting contest page has been completed with some further colouring on facing page. Child's name in pencil in belongs to box. Price NOT cut. Some light fingermarks to page margins. Page 45 has a small pink mark to lower margin (possibly a printing error during binding process?). Page 49/50 has a tear/crease at lower edge of the page but no loss. A small, brown spot affects the lower margins of a few pages and there are a few tiny page edge nicks. Not as bad as it sounds, still a decent copy of a scarce Rupert annual.
Stock no. 1320114
We have 1 other version of this book in stock.
- Rupert's Willow Pattern Puzzle
- Rupert and the Friendly Sea-Lion
- How to Make a Paper Sea-Lion and Penguin
- Rupert's Boat Puzzle
- Rupert and the Sketch Book
- Rupert's Easy Way to Draw and Paint
- Rupert's Shop Window Puzzle
- Rupert and the Castaway
- Rupert's Country Ramble Game
- How to Make a Paper Canoe
- Rupert and the Back Room Boy
- Rupert's Woodland Friends
- Rupert's Dream Puzzle
- Rupert and the Dragon Pills
- Rupert's Painting Contest
- Solutions to Puzzles