Illustrated by Thomas Henry
Published by George Newnes Limited. 16th. 1926
Very good condition in a slightly better than good dustwrapper. Red cloth, black titles to spine and front cover. B/w illustrations. 248 pages and 4 pages of adverts to rear.
Spine bumped. Covers bright and clean. Foxing to outer page edges. Dust wrapper is edge chipped and creased with slight loss at corners and 0.5" loss to top of spine. Overall, a very desirable copy of the 16th edition with its extremely rare wrapper! REDUCED FROM Â£740
Stock no. 732890
We have 1 other version of this book in stock.
- William Goes to the Pictures - William's aunt gives him sixpence, and he goes to the cinema . On his way home he is obsessed with acting out what he has seen, much to the annoyance of the locals.
- William the Intruder - William makes friends with his brother's new girlfriend.
- William Below Stairs - William runs away from home and gets a job working as a servant in an upper class house, not realising that he doesn't like work.
- The Fall of the Idol - William has a crush on his teacher, Miss Drew.
- The Show - The Outlaws put on an animal show in the garden.
- A Question of Grammar - William throws a party.
- William Joins the Band of Hope - William joins the Temperance movement .
- The Outlaws
- William and White Satin William becomes a page for his cousin's wedding.
- William's New Year's Day - William is encouraged to make a New Year's resolution by the sweet shop owner Mr Moss.
- The Best Laid Plans
- "Jumble" - The story of how William met his dog, Jumble.